Carbon Air Filters
Standard-Sized Air Filters
Easy Filter Finder
Easily Find & Buy Your Standard-Sized Air Filter Online & $SAVE$ With Best Available Discount & Delivery:
Custom-Sized Air Filters
Easy Filter Finder
Easily Configure & Buy Your Custom-Sized Air Filter Online & $SAVE$ With Best Available Discount & Delivery:
Air Filtration Technology
Activated Carbon Filters For Air Purification Applications
by Richard Carrow (Danforth Air Filtration & Air Purification, Buffalo, NY)
Activated Carbon Filters Are Used In Specialized HVAC Air Filtration And Air Purification Applications To Remove Offensive Odors And Gases. Air Purifiers Also Use Activated Carbon Media As A Major Component Of The ’HEGA’ Filter. Carbon Air Filter Applications Include Healthcare, Industrial, Museums, etc.
Danforth Air Filtration & Air Purification and Danforth Indoor Air Quality Division work together to maintain Your HVAC / Air Filters / Air Cleaners / Air Purifiers, and coordinate required periodic testing and preventive maintenance on all types of air filtration & air purification systems in New York State
Carbon Air Filter Definition
Carbon Air Filter - An air purifier using activated carbon media as the air cleansing agent for the removal of gaseous contaminants.
Chemicals Removed By Activated Carbon Filters
Activated Carbon Air Filter Media
Activated Carbon is a highly porous charcoal product, usually derived from carbon sources such as bituminous coal, lignite, wood, or coconut shell. The activation process uses oxygen to open up millions of small pores within the carbon grain structure. This significantly increases activated carbons’ ability for adsorption of other chemicals, which bond to the large amount of open pore surface within the activated carbon granules.
Comparatively, one teaspoon of activated carbon granules have the same surface area as a football field, and can absorb up to 60% of their own weight in gases!
Activated Carbon Filtration is commonly used in water purification and air purification. HVAC applications, which require the removal of odors include air filtration and air purification in medical, pharmaceutical, electronics, semiconductor, hospital, and oil-free environments.
Activated Carbon Air FiltersActivated Carbon Air Filters effectively remove offensive vapors and odors from the air, and come in a variety of sizes and configurations including:
- Activated Carbon Pleated Panel Filters - remove particulates, gases and odors.
- Chemically Enhanced Carbon Pleated Panel Filters - remove particulates, gases, odors, fumes, acid gases, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s).
- HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Adsorption) Filters - use activated carbon as a major component to remove a wide range of gases and odors in air purification applications.
- Carbon Loaded Rigid-Box Filters - remove odors with high efficiency in low concentration applications.
- High Mass Zero Dust (HMZD) Panels - are suitable for applications in airports, museums, semiconductor manufacturing, waste water treatment plants and others where carbon dust cannot be tolerated.
- Refillable Carbon Trays - offer a reduction in replacement cost allowing just the carbon media to be changed out, saving the cost of the filter frame.
- Carbon V-Bank Filters - offer low-pressure drop, high airflow capacity and excellent gaseous contaminant removal and are ideal for either new or retrofit applications. The entire filter is disposable and the media can be selected based on the specific properties of the contaminants of concern.
- Military Carbon Cloth Media - is available in many air purifiers including the Austin Air Allergy Machine. The close weave on the cloth media allows for the trapping of many of the allergy causing contaminants and odor producing elements often passed through by granular carbon medias.
Recommended Replacement Carbon Air Filters
Danforth Air Filtration & Air Purification recommends the following carbon filters for odor and gas control in commercial and industrial HVAC systems:
- Purolator PURO® Seal Refillable Carbon Tray Filters
- Purolator Hi-E40? CB Carbon Pleated Filters
- Flanders FCP Carbon Pleat? and PH Odor Control?
Gas Phase and Odor Control Filters Visit the Carbon Filter Online Store
Mobile Air Purifiers
In certain applications a free-standing HEGA air purification unit may be the most efficient solution for gas and odor control in particular rooms or areas of your facility. Visit the Air Purifier Online Store
Designing Your HEGA Carbon Filter System
Things to consider when designing or selecting a system requiring HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Adsorption) filters include:
- Adsorber system configuration (V-Bed filters, Tray filters etc.)
- Type of Carbon Media needed, based on contaminants to be separated by the air filter
- Residence time in the housing
- Accessibility to change or reactivate the activated carbon filter media
Summary - Activated Carbon Air Filters In Your Facility
Facilities Managers can utilize activated carbon air filters to control odors and gases, either:
- Installed directly in the general HVAC system, or
- As free-standing HEGA air purification devices in specific areas of the building.
Activated Carbon air filters are routinely used in modern healthcare facilities, museums & libraries, and across a wide range of industry, in order to control contaminant gas and vapor content in the air.
Danforth Air Filtration And Air Purification Division Client Support staff can answer any questions that you may have regarding use of activated carbon air filters in HVAC and HEGA air purifiers. Danforth can also perform general HVAC & Air Purifier filter inspection, testing, and certification in Your building, anywhere in WNY / Upstate NY / New York State.
$SAVE$ - Discount pricing on quality Pleated Air Filters and all other air filters at www.danforthfilters.com. Visit the Secure Online Store for standard air filter sizes. For custom-sized pleated air filters, use the Custom Pleated Air Filter Configuration Tool to build and buy your own filter.
Danforth Air Filtration & Air Purification - Replacement Air Filters, HEGA Air Purifiers, & Associated Filters. NAFA Certified Specialist For Residential, Commercial, & Industrial HVAC And HEGA Air Purification
For Best Available Pricing & Delivery On Air Filters & Air Purifiers In New York State - Register Your Account & Buy Online
We Ship Air Filters, Air Cleaners, & Air Purifiers Anywhere In North America!
Danforth Air Filtration & Air Purification, New York
Clean Air For Residential, Commercial, & Industrial Buildings
$SAVE$ Discount Pricing
On Quality Air Filters From:
Certified NAFA Member Specializing In HVAC And HEGA Air Purification
Retail And Wholesale Pricing On Std & Custom Air Filters
For Best Available
Discount & Delivery
Register Your Account
Buy Air Filters Online
(In New York State)
Danforth also conducts HVAC system assessments and provides a detailed 3rd party report using our Aircuity HVAC monitoring and assessment equipment.
To Schedule A HEPA Filter On-Site Scan, Test, & Certification In Your Building
Contact Danforth’s National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) Certified Balancing Division
M-F, 8am to 4pm EST
Can’t Find What You Need?
Danforth HVAC & Air Filtration Experts can help you find the right equipment or parts.
We Stock Replacement Air Filters to fit all major brands of furnaces & HVAC systems.
Visit the Secure Online Store
or Call 1.866.581.4999
Contact Danforth Air Filtration & Air Purification
Buffalo, New York, USA